How do I get from Johannesburg or Durban to Sodwana Bay if I do not have a car?
You can fly from Johannesburg to Durban or Richards Bay airport where you can rent a car or arrange for a transfer service to collect you.
The license costs R85.00 P/A is available from any post office in the country as well as from and must be available for inspection prior to your dives.
- Reception times from 06h15 until 21h00
- Check in is at 14h00 on day of arrival and check out is strictly at 10h00 on day of departure.
- Please note: there is not sufficient space for extra guests in the units other than what is stipulated.
- There is a non-smoking policy inside all the units.
- No self-catering is allowed in the Bed & Breakfast units.
- Cancellations/Refunds – Any payment will be forfeited if cancelled within 7 days of arrival.
- All cancellations are subject to a R100.00 administration fee.
- No refunds for early departure/bad weather will be granted.
- Deposits may be transferred to a later date.
- All alterations and cancellations must be made in writing.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKING WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNLESS DEPOSIT AND PROOF THEREOF HAVE BEEN RECEIVED BY DUE DATE.
Resort and Surrounding Area
How close are you situated to the beach?
We have a private path down to the beach from the lodge, about 5 minute walk down the dune We are situated 2km from the main beach. If you are driving to the beach in your own vehicle you can park in the designated parking area.
How close are you to a shop?
There is a small grocery store 1km from Mseni Beach Lodge, which has all your basic items (bread, milk, etc.) There is a larger store in Mbazwana 15km away.
What are the iSimangaliso and KZN Parks Board Fees?
For the first gate entry fee into the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, there are once-off entry fees of R40 per adult or R35 per child plus a R5 levy per person. Vehicle charges are R55 for vehicles holding 1-5 persons (e.g. 4 door car) – charges increase for larger capacity vehicles. Guests staying overnight will also be charged R7 per person per night at this point.
Mseni is located within the KZN National Park and collect the daily KZN wildlife fees on behalf of the Parks board. The current rates are R95.00 per adult per night and R47.50 per child.
I have a Rhino Card / Wild Card – do I still have to pay for the Parks Board Fees?
Unfortunately your Rhino Card or Wild Card will not cover the daily Parks Board Fees, or the Community Levies. The Gold Rhino Card will cover the once off entry fee (payable directly at the entrance gate).